Occupy National Gathering – Picking up momentum
A significant number of Occupations around the country have passed resolutions supporting the National Gathering and it's momentum is gaining speed. Although there has not been a proposal submitted to the Occupy Seattle GA for an offical endosement; read on to learn more about this action.
Occupy movement supporters will gather in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, from June 30th to July 4th, 2012,for the first Occupy National Gathering. This event is the culmination of months of organizing and consensus-building by countless activists from across the country. It has been endorsed by Occupy General Assemblies from Wall Street to Sacramento, and Austin to Kalamazoo, providing a clear example of the movement’s disparate chapters collaborating on a massive scale.
Occupy Philadelphia and the National Gathering Working Group, which initially proposed the event, invite all people to gather on Independence Mall for five days of community and movement building culminating in a massive outdoor gathering on July 4th. The main goals of the event are to strengthen our internal bonds, join together in direct actions, and engage in a transparent democratic process reflecting the values of the movement.
Activities will include:
Four days of discussions, teach-ins, political theater, and community bonding.
Protests and direct actions with Occupiers from across the movement.
Collectively crafting a Vision for a Democratic Future on July 4th.
All people of good conscience who are fed up and ready to stand up for economic and social justice are invited to join us at Independence Mall. We will send the message that injustice of any kind is unacceptable. No government or corporation can ignore the will of the people any longer. We can build a better world together.
For more details:
- IndyOWS – Indianapolis, IN
- Occupy Albany – Albany, NY
- Occupy Asheville – Asheville, NC
- Occupy Astoria – New York, NY
- Occupy Austin – Austin, TX
- Occupy Baltimore – Baltimore, MD
- Occupy Baton Rouge – Baton Rouge, LA
- Occupy Birmingham – Birmingham, AL
- Occupy Bozeman – Bozeman, MT
- Occupy Buswick – Buswick, NY
- Occupy Charleston – Charleston, SC
- Occupy Chattanooga – Chattanooga, TN
- Occupy DC – Washington, DC
- Occupy Delaware – Wilmington, DE
- Occupy Elmira – Corning, NY
- Occupy Fort Collins – Fort Collins, CO
- Occupy Harrisburg – Harrisburg, PA
- Occupy Harrisonburg – Harrisonburg, VA
- Occupy Hartford – Hartford, CN
- Occupy Jacksonville – Jacksonville, FL
- Occupy Jersey City – Jersey City, NJ
- Occupy Kalamazoo – Kalamazoo, MI
- Occupy Kansas City – Kansas City, MO
- Occupy Lancaster – Lancaster, PA
- Occupy Las Vegas – Las Vegas, NV
- Occupy Littleton – Littleton, CO
- Occupy Maine – Portland, ME
- Occupy Merced CA – Merced, CA
- Occupy New Orleans – New Orleans, LA
- Occupy Philadelphia – Philadelphia, PA
- Occupy Pikes Peak – Pikes Peak, CO
- Occupy Queens – Queens, NY
- Occupy Sacramento – Sacramento, CA
- Occupy Salt Lake City – Salt Lake City, UT
- Occupy San Antonio – San Antonio, TX
- Occupy Springfield – Springfield, MO
- Occupy Staten Island – Staten Island, NY
- Occupy St. Pete
- Occupy Tulsa – Tulsa, OK
- Occupy Wall Street – New York, NY
- Occupy Worcester – Worcester, MA