November 10, 2011.
World renowned musician and one half of the critically acclaimed Dresden Dolls, Amanda Palmer will be performing at Occupy Seattle in Westlake Park on Saturday 11/12/11 at 5pm. Following her sold-out performance at Moore Theater on 11/9/11, Amanda decided to stay in town to support Occupy Seattle and donate her time and talent to the cause.
In addition to Ms. Palmer, other guest artists include Adrian Xavier, a reggae musician in the grandest traditions and DJ Michael Manahan who made his mark with integrity and staying power, serving up solid and sometimes slamming grooves.
Occupy Seattle’s Day of Solidarity Rally runs from 1pm to 6 and is organized to celebrate the many successes of the movement including:
· Successful occupations at Seattle Central Community College, City Hall and Westlake Center;
· Successfully creating community with respect for all;
· Living a new model of empowerment and decision making;
· Supporting thousands of Washingtonians as they broke up with their banks;
· 5000 marching on 10/15/11 to protest economic injustice and;
· Saying no to Chase Bank and Jamie Dimon.
Formed on October 1, 2011, Occupy Seattle is a leaderless movement of concerned Americans who have taken to occupying public spaces in order to focus our nation’s attention on the undue influence of large corporations on our government, elected leaders and our democracy itself. It is inspired by and modeled after the Occupy Wall Street movement.