Decision-making GAs will not be held until Oct 2012 unless an emergency is called. Disccusions groups will be held at 7:00 p.m. at Westlake every Wednesday evening.
1. The General Assembly makes decisions for the collective, not for individuals. Decisions that affect the whole collective are made by general assembly.
2. Groups are for doing work and bringing proposals. If you have an idea, start a group! Don't
ask the assembly, just ﬁnd some friends and do it!
3. Yelling really loud doesn't put you on stack. Raise your hand. Never restate a point someone's already made.
4. Assembly time is precious. You can't speak every time. Think three times before you speak. Does this really help the assembly make a better decision?
5. Nothing is more precious than the thoughts of the quiet. Nothing is more precious than the
words of the silenced. Speak up! Especially when it's really hard!
6. Use the people's microphone. It makes us choose our words, and makes us listen.
7. Facilitators make space and move the process. Facilitators never present content or represent another's idea. The assembly is responsible for keeping facilitators in check.
8. The assembly is responsible for signing to the facilitators. If the assembly doesn't sign, the
facilitator doesn't have anything to facilitate!
9. No one else can speak for you. That's why we need you here!
10. Take care of each other!
Twinkle – I like this. I support what this person is saying. I agree.
Anti-Twinkle – I don’t like this. I disagree.
Ears – I cannot hear what is being said.
Wrap It Up – I get your point, please finish
V – Lets vote.
T – You’re off-topic.
Process Point – General Assembly Process is not being followed.
Block – I believe the vote we have just taken is against the basic, foundational
principles of why were here.
Raise Hand – I’d like to be on stack, and speak when its my turn.
If you would like to submit a proposal, please e-mail email@example.com.
If you would like to discuss the information presented in these documents, please start a thread in the Forum